Saturday, May 19, 2012

Welcome Bienvenue to Minneapolis and Tours

. . . a blog started to stimulate cultural exchange between the two American and French sister cities. Organizing official collaborative efforts is long term and costly, but here's to the viral!

NB Il y a une fonction de traduction automatique qui traduira toute la texte en Français!

In 2011, I was appointed Cultural Liaison by the Mpls/Tours Sister Cities organization for the task of identifying and encouraging artistic exchanges. My blogs about this, for Metro Magazine, may be read: here. While there, I was offered a show by Tours' OZ'Art Gallery, which I am going back for in June 2012.
 
My background as a francophone started as an exchange student at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Brussels, Belgium. After various academic endeavors around the states I settled back in Minneapolis in the 80's where I experienced a true synaesthesia of Art, Music, Film and Dance, etc. I was hooked into remaining. I regularly exhibit my art, run the Shoebox Gallery, have served as panelist on the Minneapolis Institute of Art's Minnesota Artists Exhibition Program, and have been the Minnesota State Fair Photography judge.

On these screens will be published interviews from both cities in order to tempt you to go further by visiting the sites of their artists, dancers, musicians... and perhaps fomenting your own exchange.

                                -Sean Smuda, Cultural Liaison for Mpls/Tours Sister Cities
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment